Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Personal Learning Networks - Because You Can't Possibly Know Everything On Your Own

Maybe you're superhuman, but I am not capable of being an expert in everything education-related, completely understanding topics from multiple perspectives, or keeping up-to-date with education and education technology without a little help.
Social Media
http://pixabay.com/en/social-media-media-technology-398296/

In 2007, I started using social networks such as Classroom 2.0 and Twitter to learn from and share with other educators. What I have learned is immeasurable. I learn from educators from around the world. I have people I can go to when I need ideas or perspective on issues. I know educators I can call on when I need examples. I communicate and collaborate with people who have helped make me the educator I am. The learning never stops. It can't if you are going to be an effective educator who is doing the best for students. Start with maybe a Twitter Chat like the New Teacher Chat (#NTCHAT) or California Ed Chat (#CAEdChat). You might be surprised at where those conversations and new knowledge may lead you.

For this blog assignment, read the following and consider the resources shared in class about parents and social media. Write about your reaction to the idea of social media in education. What are the pros and cons. Consider how you and/or our students could use it as learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment